2006/12/13

Lots to show and tell

Last night i had a get together with a group of friends - we generally meet up every fortnight to make cards etc (and eat lollies...lol)
I have only started tagging along to these get togethers...............but i absolutely LOVE them....
anyways...it was my turn to HOST everyone for the night...
I wanted to make it extra special and very Christmassy - so on the agenda was:

Christmas Baubles
Bon Bons - scrappin style
Post it Note holders
and of course Chrissy Cards
I think everyone had a fantastic time...i know i did....and i cant wait for the next one
(ruth....if you are reading this...i have some goodies saved for you)
Stupid me....forgot to take pics of all of us - busy creating....but i do have some photos of my end results.....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This card was made using the NEW Rusty Pickle 'Grinchmas' papers, and the bon bons were made using blue cardstock, Stampin Up stamps, and American Craft Ribbon.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Here are the Gorgeous baubles....i just love making these....ive made a few already...and will definatley make some more....i have come across some great IDEAS for these baubles on various blogs and websites....these ones were created by cutting strips of patterend paper..and then rolling them up and placing them inside the bauble with some fine sparkly tinsle and of course a bit of ribbon on top - to finish it off nicely
The card was created using strips of MM paper and a gold star brad on top - very simple
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I finally finished off my ScrapFX tree, that Jill gave me.....
I just love it....i used the Basic Grey Fruitcake papers to decorate it....and it just looks wonderful as a centre piece on the table....
CHRISTMAS TREE oh CHRISTMAS TREE
We decorated the tree a little while a go...but ive only just got around to taking pics and uploading them......Im sad to say... these photos dont do my little tree any justice....(it does have a slight LEAN to it nowadays...lol) I think i will have to try and HUNT out a bargain tree on boxing day....because sadly.....i think i have too many decorations for my little tree....and it just cant carry the weight of my MANY ornaments.....lol!
Its the leaning tower of christmas tree......I do love it though....and yep...there is even some pressies under it already...
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
well im sure you've fallen asleep by now...reading this rather long post (well its long for me)...so ill leave you too it....
oh and thanks to everyone for emailing me and messaging me about the SC competition....i was so thrilled to find out i was a runner up for the competition....bummer about missing out on that AWESOME scrap desk though.....
Congrats to Joanne Wood for winning the totally awesome Prize package - you Lucky girl you!
and congrats to all the other runner ups - Jill Geraghty - Groves, Deanne Bowd, Nicole Chin, and Leanne Stamatellos - I loved seeing all your layouts...they were fabulous......
oh and sorry...before i forget
Congrats to Mardi....on your 2 page project spread 'If I could' (pg 78-79) - it was fabulous reading about the layout...and also seeing the step by step instructions....
and also for your layout on pg 96 'Travel' - well done................

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the ScrapFX tree!!!!

December 14, 2006 4:15 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh the cards are gooorgeous Fleurie. :) Thans for sharing.

December 14, 2006 9:27 am  
Blogger Mardi said...

Gorgeous Christmas decorations Fleur ...your home must look beautiful . Ive just got to tell you how much I adored your layout in the SC compettition ...it was just beautiful and Im sorry that it wasnt the winner....as that desk would have been awesome...but it was still the winner in my eyes.
Thanks also for your lovely mention of my layouts....Im looking forward to that mag arriving.
..and Ill get to that tag soon....lol
Mardi x

December 14, 2006 9:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love your little tree Fleur...and congrats anyway for the SC comp... You did awesome... even if you didn't win. Hope you emjoy the goodies..

December 14, 2006 1:27 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks and sounds like you guys had a GREAT time !

I made baubles a few years ago and wanted to make some this year, but I couldn't tell whether the ones I found at Spotlight actually came apart or not (they were in sealed packets). Where did you get yours from ?

I read about your placing in the SC comp -- CONGRATS !!

December 14, 2006 2:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Online Degree Programs